Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rookie Blogger

     Ok, so I am just creating this and it is after 11pm. I just want to get my feet wet. (While I can still feel them!) I'm 43. I'm a mom, teacher, and wife. (Order changes from time to time.) I have Type II Diabetes that is not under control, and I'm not going to whine.
     I LOVE food even though most of it is poison to me. I am going to fight my way through this because I don't want to die. I have had Type II for about 9 years. Diabetes runs in my family, and I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant. I used to be able to control it with diet, but now I have to shoot insulin.
     I really hate it when people who don't know any better decide to blame the diabetic for their condition. I will admit that I have been terrible in controlling my diet for the past few months, but because I felt like I HAD no control, I LOST all control.
     This blog is my attempt to get some control back. I put "No Whiners" in my title because I don't want to be a whiner, not because I didn't want anyone to whine to me about their situation. I don't mind listening so much, but I had fallen into feeling sorry for myself. I don't want to whine anymore. I am tired of feeling like crap, and it is my responsibility to take care of my body so that I don't die before I get to meet my grandchildren.
     I want to live and be active. I am not obese but I am heavy. Size 16. I am going to try whatever it takes to get my control back. I want to share what I do and how it works. I hope my experience can help me feel that I am an active participant in my health instead of a passive observer in the demise of my body. I will not "go gentle into that goodnight." (I know that was a little dramatic, but I love that poem.) Goodnight for now. (Irony completely intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment