Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just for those Interested...my diabetic stats.

I went to the doctor last Wednesday. I weigh 184 pounds at 5'8" tall. My A1C is 10.0. For those of you non-diabetics, this is my 3 month sugar average. This is bad. It means that my average is 240. Here is where I found a chart that converts A1C to our normal readings on our monitors. http://www.elviradarknight.com/diabetes/a1cnumbers.html I need to get this number 10 down to 7 or lower.

I know that this may all sound like a dream to many diabetics. I know that my diabetes is not as bad as most of yours; however, diabetes is still horrible no matter. Maybe those people who blame the diabetic for their disease, will take a hard look at themselves and see that they aren't that different from me. Hopefully, they will make the connection and see that NO diabetic is at fault for getting a disease and see how hard it is to control this evil illness that kills millions yearly.

Keep trying. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment